It’s no secret that work for drivers can be very tiring and hard. Hours spent driving hundreds of kilometers usually leave no time to find a place that would serve healthy and tasty meals. Because of this in this article, we provide several very easy, quick, tasty, and healthy recipes that will make work for long-distance drivers at least a little bit easier.
Easy but filling one-pot breakfast
This recipe allows you to prepare a delicious breakfast quickly, and its simplicity lies in the fact that only one pot is enough to make it and you can choose the ingredients yourself. The given amount of ingredients is suitable for 2 servings, so you can choose the amount of each product yourself.
You will need:
- 4 strips of bacon (if you don't like bacon, you can use regular ham),
- 4 medium-sized potatoes,
- an onion,
- 4 eggs,
- ½ cup of grated cheese,
- a little bit of garlic or half a teaspoon of garlic powder,
- half a teaspoon of dried basil,
- some black pepper,
- ¼ cup water.
- Cut the bacon (or ham).
- Fry the bacon pieces in a heated pot. If you’re using ham, add a little bit of oil first. Keep turning the bacon so that it cooks evenly. After frying, transfer it to a plate or a sheet of paper towel.
- Cut the onion and fry it in the same pot for 2 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes and put them in the pot. The finer you cut them, the faster they will cook. Add all the spices and mix everything well, distribute the potatoes evenly and let them fry.
- Then pour water into the pot and cover it. Let the potatoes cook for about 15 minutes and stir them every few minutes.
- Make four holes in the pot between the potatoes and break an egg into them. Add cheese on top. Reduce the heat and leave everything to cook for about 6-8 minutes - until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Once cooked, sprinkle the bacon on top.
Quick and easy chili recipe
With this super easy recipe, you can whip up a delicious chili stew in less than an hour, and it only requires one cooking pot.
You will need:
- 200g canned tomatoes,
- 125g of ground beef (you can also use ground pork, chicken, or turkey),
- half a bell pepper,
- half an onion,
- a clove of garlic,
- 200g of canned red beans,
- half a teaspoon of paprika powder,
- hot pepper or pepper powder (depending on taste),
- a pinch of black pepper,
- some salt (depending on taste),
- some cooking oil
- cheese (optional).
- Add oil to the pot and heat it up, then add in the chopped onion.
- When the onion has softened, add chopped garlic and chopped bell pepper to the pot, and wait until it softens. Then add the hot pepper or pepper powder to the pot - as much as you desire.
- Add the ground beef (or other ground meat) and the remaining spices to the pot. Spread the meat well so that it mixes properly with the spices and the pieces are not stuck together. Cook until the meat turns brown.
- Pour canned tomatoes and beans into the pot, stir the stew well. Leave the pot to simmer for 20-30 minutes on low heat, stirring the contents of the stew every few minutes.
- After tasting whether there are enough spices, salt, and pepper, turn off the heat. If desired, sprinkle some cheese on top of the chili. Eat the chili stew with rice, salad, chips, or just on its own.
The important thing in this recipe is that you can choose the amount of each ingredient yourself - if you like more meat in your stew, then add more meat; choose the amount of spices, onion, beans, and tomatoes according to your taste as well. You also don't need to overdo it when preparing the ingredients - chili stew is a simple recipe, so you don't really need to cut onions, garlic or peppers too carefully into very small pieces. The most important thing is that you can add other ingredients to this stew, like corn, fresh tomatoes, and so on so the recipe is customizable.
Healthy pasta salad
The simple thing about this recipe is that you don't need to measure the amount of any product - choose the amount of each ingredient depending on your own taste. Although the recipe recommends cooking 150g of pasta, you can most definitely cook more and then add in more vegetables to the mix.
You will need:
- 150g of "fusilli" pasta (“penne”, "butterflies", "ditalini" or any other short pasta will work perfectly),
- red peppers,
- scallion (optional),
- feta or mozzarella cheese,
- a pinch of pepper,
- a little salt
You can also add:
- chopped carrots,
- zucchini or any other favorite vegetables.
How to produce:
- Fill the pot with water, when it boils, add the pasta. Boil fusilli pasta for 7-10 minutes.
- Pour out the water, leaving only the pasta in the pot. Add all the chopped vegetables. Wait for the pasta to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle pepper and salt on the pasta, pour a little oil, mix everything well and put the cheese of your choice on top.
- If you want, you can also easily make a dressing for this salad: mix a little oil with a teaspoon of mustard, a few tablespoons of lemon juice, a little garlic, salt, pepper and other spices if you have them. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
Keywords: work for drivers, work for long-distance drivers, recipes for drivers